Bayern issue warning to Real: "Lewandowski is staying put"
"He has three years left on his contract, he is the best striker in the world and there is absolutely no possibility that he will be sold," state club.
After Robert Lewandowski’s declaration that he feels “under no pressure” to renew his contract at Bayern Munich and conscious of the fact that Real Madrid have sounded out the player’s circle about a move, the Bayern board has sent another warning shot to the Bernabéu. “Lewandowski is not for sale.” Last week Bayern chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge stated that “Lewandowski will be at Bayern next season,” and technical director Michael Reschke added to the chorus of dissuasion on Sunday.
In an interview with Radio CRC, Reschke stated that the Poland forward, who plundered 42 goals in 51 games for Bayern last season, is not going anywhere. “I can tell you categorically that Lewandowski will remain a Bayern player. He has three years left on his contract, he is the best striker in the world and there is absolutely no possibility that he will be sold," he said. Of rumours linking Gonzalo Higuaín with the Allianz Arena as a potential replacement for the prolific Pole, Reschke added: “Higuaín is among the three or four best strikers in the world, but Lewandowski is the best. There is no reason to sign another player for this position.”
However, Lewandowski’s agent, Cezary Kucharski, admitted last weekend that there have been talks with Real Madrid. “Real Madrid got in touch with us a few weeks ago and we have had several meetings. It is a big club and an exciting prospect and we listened. We have also told Bayern that there has been contact with Real Madrid.”
Lewandowski’s current contract with Bayern runs until 2019.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Will Amazon accept Bitcoin as a payment method?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 26 July
- Child Tax Credit $3000/$3600 Child Tax Credit: what are the IRS warnings about payment scams?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: why does the Delta variant spread so fast?
- OLYMPIC GAMES How many surfing world titles has Carissa Moore won?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TENNIS Who are Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka's parents?