Umtiti and Nolito on Barça's radar this summer
In the Catalan press, Sport reported that the Celta striker is more likely to join the club, while Mundo Deportivo claimed the Lyon defender is a stronger possibility.
On a day in which both the Catalan and international press focused their attentions on the death of Muhammad Ali and Garbiñe Muguruza’s famous victory at Roland Garros, Barcelona’s potential summer signings also took centre stage.
That said, Sport and Mundo Deportivo were not on the same page in terms of new arrivals at Barça, with Sport claiming that Los Azulgranas are more likely to make a move for Celta’s Nolito than the Lyon defender Umtiti. Conversely, Mundo Deportivo reported that the French defender's arrival is a mere formality.
With regard to Nolito, Sport reported that Barcelona maintain the same interest they showed in the January transfer window, when they were on the verge bringing the in-form striker to the club and triggering his €18m release clause. Umtiti, meanwhile, would cost the Catalan club €20m, with the Lyon president, Marie Aulàs, explaining in Mundo Deportivo how Barcelona’s interest in signing the defender stretches back a number of weeks.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Elections 2020 Early voting locations near me in Florida: how to find where to vote
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- US Elections 2020 USA Election 2020: who is Lara Trump?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits in US: how to claim and check weekly payments
- US ELECTION 2020 The Blind Pig: this is the new Biden campaign ad aiming at NFL fans
- Coronavirus Pennsylvania unemployment biweekly benefits: eligibility and filing claim