James Rodriguez advised by coach to leave Real Madrid
The Madrid and Colombian star has been advised by veteran Colombian coach, Hernan Dario 'Bolillo' Gómez, to leave Real Madrid as Zidane doesn't want to use him.
- Follow the coverage match of LaLiga Santander: Valencia-Real Madrid live .
The rather unstable situation that James Rodriguez finds himself in with Real Madrid is one that has been discussed across the pond where Colombia are competing in the Copa América which got underway last Friday.
His first season with Los Blancos saw James shine with 17 goals and 18 assists but his second campaign has not been nearly as positive. With inconsistency driven by injury or changes in the management team at the club - first Benitez and then Zidane being choosy about when and how to use the midfielder - it is from his homeland where the advice now comes for him to pack his bags and find a new challenge away from the Bernabeu.
Veteran Colombian coach, Hernan Dario 'Bolillo' Gómez, now working with Panama was interviewed on WIN Sports and sent the following message to James: "My advice to James is that it is best if he goes and plays for another team as it seems clear that the man [Zidane] doesn't want to use him. He [James] is a world class player and he should go to another team. It's a personal thing, he is an idol of ours and we want to see him play, but with this man [Zidane] he's not being used, I don't like that."
'Bolillo' Gomez also talked about the shoulder injury that James picked up in the Copa América win over the United States explaining that he didn't want anything to happen to James as he is the leader of the group and key to any trophy aspirations. "I hope he gets better and I send him a hug."
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale to Tottenham: sign Modric from Real Madrid too, Redknapp tells Spurs
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: update on US coronavirus relief bill
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Real Madrid: Florentino Pérez wanted Bale, Zidane didn't
- QATAR 2022 Lusail to be transformed into a community space after Qatar 2022
- BARCELONA Koeman: "Suárez will have a role to play if he stays at Barcelona"