After his impressive season at Atlético Madrid – including THAT goal against Bayern Munich in the Champions League semifinals – Saúl has become one of the most sought after names by the Premier League big boys. And by none more so than José Mourinho at Manchester United, according to The Guardian.
€80 million buy-out clause
Mou has made it clear to his new club that he wants the midfielder at any cost, and that means meeting the €80 million buy-out clause built into his Atletí contract.
The Rojiblanco player, who just yesterday received an award from the Asociación de la Prensa Deportiva (Sports Press Association) for being the ‘Football Revelation’ of the year, has already been courted by Tottenham and Arsenal.
The two North London rivals both offered big money bids for the midfielder in January that were refused, and Saúl is now said to be negotiating a contract extension at Vicente Calderón which would also see his release clause raised to €100 million.
Te recomendamos en English
- SPACEFLIGHT SpaceX, NASA launch: new date and why it has been postponed
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Can I refuse to have my temperature taken before work?
- LALIGA LaLiga given green light for Monday and Friday games this season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Four more positive tests in Premier League
- CORONAVIRUS 4th of July 2020: what’s going to happen on Independence Day?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Has Sweden’s herd immunity strategy failed?