PSG tell Emery they are willing to meet his buy-out fee
Paris Saint Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi wants to bring the Sevilla coach in at any cost.
- Champions League round of 16 second leg : Leicester vs Sevilla live online .
Paris Saint-Germain will not enter into negotiating directly with Sevilla and are belived to have already told Unai Emery that they will pay his buy-out fee - two million euros. A number of media outlets in France are reporting that PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi is keen on hiring the Sevilla coach at any cost. Al-Khelaifi has been impressed with Emery's trajectory in Spain nd feels he is the man who ticks all the relevant boxes - for his media profile, his working methods and above all, for having won the Europa League three times with Sevilla.
Following information leaked over the past week in which point to Director of Sport Monchi moving on from Sevilla (Manchester United could be his next port of call), now it seems that Unai Emery is having a rethink about his future at the Sánchez Pizjuán.
Emery appears to have made a decision and is thought to have reached an agreement with PSG. All attempts at receiving a reaction from Sevilla have been met with silence with sources close to the club neither confirming nor denying that the coach is set to leave. Sevilla struggled to persuade Emery to stay on last year and his departure would be a serious blow to their sporting project and return to Champions League football next term. If they are forced to look for a replacement, Quique Sánchez Flores would be one of the principal options as he has been on the shortlist for the job on previous occasions and he has yet to agree to taking on the Espanyol job.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Phil Neville is one step closer to becoming new Inter Miami head coach
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks New stimulus check: will be there a third round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- NFL PLAYOFFS Johnson shines for Bills as defence gets praise