The best XI in Euros history: Puyol, Zidane, Cristiano...
Web users have been busy choosing their all time Euro Championships XI on the UEFA.com site. How many of the current crop of title chasers make the line-up?
With Euro 2016 about to get underway in France, Uefa.com have asked visitors to their site and Twitter to take part in selecting the greatest starting XI from those that have graced the European Championships over the years. They did limit the terms for the nominees to:
- Appeared in at least a semi-final
- Figured in a Team of the Tournament
- Finished a EURO tournament as top scorer
- Produced an iconic EURO moment, such as the 'Panenka' penalty in 1976, Marco van Basten's volley from 1988 and Davor Šuker's chip in 1996
Watch the video to see if your pick made the list.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"