ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Griezmann renews with Atlético until 2021 - L'Équipe
L'Équipe claim that Antoine Griezmann, just like AS reported a fortnight ago, has now signed a new arrangement with Atletico; his buy-out has been reset to 100 million euros.
- LaLiga Santander, matchday 20: Alavés-Atlético Live.
Antoine Griezmann has already signed his contract renewal with Atlético de Madrid a new agreement which will keep him tied to the club until June 2021, French sports daily L'Équipe confirmed this morning, explaining that talks between the two parties had intensified over the past few days.
Diario AS reported three weeks ago that the French forward would renegotiate new terms with Atleti before Euro 2016, hiking his buy-out clause to 100 million euros to join Jan Oblak as the team's only two players with release clauses which are out of reach for the majority of Europe's top clubs. Griezmann was also keen to strike a new deal before the Euros get underway so that he can have his mind "only thinking about football and nothing else".
Since arriving at Atlético from Real Sociedad, Griezmann has ended both of his first two seasons at the club as the team's top goakl scorer. Last season he ended on 32 goals and set up a further seven for his team mates in 54 games. The only black mark on a brilliant campaign was his missed penalty in the Champions League final. His market value has increased several fold - according to specialist site Transfermarkt his current value is 70 million euros - more than double what Atleti paid La Real for him in 2014.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"