Iconic Spain fan, Manolo "el del Bombo", out of Euro 2016
The 67 year old super-fan has decided on medical grounds not to attend the tournament in France.
Manolo el del Bombo, the Spanish nacional side's number 1 supporter will not be making the trip to France this summer to cheer on Vicente del Bosque's men at Euro 2016. He has decided not to go on medical grounds and despite his situation not being serious it was felt best to avoid the stress related to leading the Spanish fans chants at each game of the tournament.
Following Spain since '82
Manolo (Manuel Cáceres Artesero) has been to every major tournament involving "La Roja" since the World Cup in 1982 and this will be the first major competition the Ciudad Real born bar owner will miss in 34 years. Should Spain reach the final on July 10 the Spanish Football Federation have confirmed that will do all they can to ensure Manolo makes the trip to Paris.
Manolo is an iconic cult figure in the world of football and has become one of the most photographed supporters at major tournaments the planet over. His last game cheering on his beloved Spain was in Getafe last Tuesday as Del Bosque's men fell to a surprise 0-1 defeat to Georgia in their last pre Euro 2016 preparation match.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem