Iconic Spain fan, Manolo "el del Bombo", out of Euro 2016
The 67 year old super-fan has decided on medical grounds not to attend the tournament in France.
Manolo el del Bombo, the Spanish nacional side's number 1 supporter will not be making the trip to France this summer to cheer on Vicente del Bosque's men at Euro 2016. He has decided not to go on medical grounds and despite his situation not being serious it was felt best to avoid the stress related to leading the Spanish fans chants at each game of the tournament.
Following Spain since '82
Manolo (Manuel Cáceres Artesero) has been to every major tournament involving "La Roja" since the World Cup in 1982 and this will be the first major competition the Ciudad Real born bar owner will miss in 34 years. Should Spain reach the final on July 10 the Spanish Football Federation have confirmed that will do all they can to ensure Manolo makes the trip to Paris.
Manolo is an iconic cult figure in the world of football and has become one of the most photographed supporters at major tournaments the planet over. His last game cheering on his beloved Spain was in Getafe last Tuesday as Del Bosque's men fell to a surprise 0-1 defeat to Georgia in their last pre Euro 2016 preparation match.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos' stats at Real Madrid: goals, games, cards...
- US Soccer US Soccer reveals 2021 away jerseys by Nike
- NBA Why is Nicola Jokic declining to play with Serbia in Tokyo OIympics?
- NBA How are the All-NBA Teams selected?
- UNEMPLOYMENT SUPPORT Unemployment benefits: how many people will stop receiving the money this week?
- IRS TAX REFUNDS What is IRS TREAS 310 and how is it related to 2020 tax returns?