Madrid's Club World Cup date in Japan set for mid-December
Real Madrid will travel to Japan for the tournament, where they will meet champions from Africa, South and North America, Asia and Oceania plus the host team.
Real Madrid will contest the 2016 Club World Cup in Japan from 8th to 18th December. Zidane's team's success in the Champions League final against Atlético de Madrid means they will represent Europe in the tournament, which they won for the first time in its present format in 2014, beating Argentina's San Lorenzo when the event was staged in Morocco.
Also taking part in the Club World Cup will be the champions from all of the other continents - South and North America, Asia and Oceania together with a team from the host nation, Japan.While previous editions have been held in Tokyo and Yokohama, this year Osaka will be one of the venues with Suita City Football Stadium confirmed as one of the grounds to stage four of the matches.
Mexico's Club America, New Zealand's Auckland City and Real Madrid are the first of the seven teams to be confirmed for the tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: CARES, HEALS and HEROES Acts compared
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: when will the money arrive?
- Beirut explosion Beirut explosion: latest news live from Lebanon
- Beirut Explosion Seven-year-old ammonium nitrate shipment possibly caused Beirut explosion
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal make 55 redundancies as huge player investment targeted
- FC Barcelona "Messi says he wants to finish career at Barcelona" - Bartomeu