Uefa rules prevent Spain replacing De Gea if he goes
Article 44.03 of the European governing body's regulations state a player can only be replaced "in case of illness or serious injury."
Vicente del Bosque will not be able to replace David de Gea in the case the goalkeeper is forced to leave the squad, under Uefa regulations. Article 44.03 of the governing body’s rule book states that: “In the case a selected player suffers an injury or illness before his team’s opening game in the final phase of the tournament, he can only be replaced if a doctor from the Uefa Medical Committee and the team doctor both confirm that the injury or illness is sufficiently serious to prevent the player from competing. This being the case, the player can be replaced for another in the 23-man squad list.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Lampard calls for defensive improvements amid rumours of a clear-out
- Premier League Liverpool: Toure identifies Van Dijk's "weak spot"
- MANCHESTER CITY - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Valverde, Isco or Asensio - three into one for City
- CORONAVIRUS Li-Meng Yan: coronavirus was developed in Chinese military lab
- US Open Zverev joins list of stars unsure about playing at U.S. Open
- Barcelona Barcelona: Pochettino open to coaching Messi at Camp Nou