Uefa rules prevent Spain replacing De Gea if he goes
Article 44.03 of the European governing body's regulations state a player can only be replaced "in case of illness or serious injury."
Vicente del Bosque will not be able to replace David de Gea in the case the goalkeeper is forced to leave the squad, under Uefa regulations. Article 44.03 of the governing body’s rule book states that: “In the case a selected player suffers an injury or illness before his team’s opening game in the final phase of the tournament, he can only be replaced if a doctor from the Uefa Medical Committee and the team doctor both confirm that the injury or illness is sufficiently serious to prevent the player from competing. This being the case, the player can be replaced for another in the 23-man squad list.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Liga MX Pumas “We compete in this league without investing in expensive players”
- MLS David Beckham and Rodolfo Pizarro out for dinner ahead of Inter Miami’s debut
- Tennis Who is Chicharito? The question Alexander Zverev asked in Mexico
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Sterling fit for Man City-Real Madrid as Guardiola regrets Hazard loss
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Ronaldo, Georgina enjoy day with family as Cristiano Jr debuts on Instagram
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea vs Bayern Munich live!