English fans in Marseilles street violence before Euro 2016
Video of English fans involved in violence on the streets of Marseilles, where England will debut against Russia on Saturday, English fans sang "Where the f*ck are ISIS?"
It all kicked off before it kicked off at Euro 2016, English fans were involved in violence on the streets of Marseilles where England are set to face Russia in their Euro 2016 opener on Saturday.
Eye-witness accounts, however, tell of antagonism, provocation and attacks on English supporters: "We was doing nothing wrong", said one fan, "some had had a few too many, but that was all".
English fans responded to the provocations with "ISIS where are you?" as fights broke out between rival French and English fans, the police forced to use tear gas to disperse the crowds.
British-French football violence in Marseilles does have a precedent during World Cup 1998, English fans were also involved in grave incidents that left 35 people hospitalised and 25 in detention after England's 2-0 victory over Tunisia.
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?