Gareth Bale opens the scoring for Wales against Slovakia
Wales and Real Madrid striker opened the scoring for Wales against Slovakia in their opening Group B match with a superb free-kick
Gareth Bale, Wales' main hitman, opened the scoring for Wales with a superbly hit free-kick after 10 minutes of their inaugural Euro 2016 Group B match against Slovakia.
There was no doubt it would be Bale to take it when Wales were awarded a free-kick on the right side, several yards outside the box.
Bale placed the free-kick past Kozacik
The Real Madrid man placed rather than blasted the free-kick, getting a peculiar effect on the ball, which dipped over the wall and flew past the hapless Kozacik in the Slovakian goal.
Bale's goal is the first Wales have ever scored at the Euros - this being the first time they've ever qualified.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?