Wales beat Slovakia 2-1 in opening Group B match
A Gareth Bale free-kick and a Robson-Kanu goal were enough to see Coleman's Wales win their opening Euro 2016 match.
Wales won their first ever Euro finals match, 2-1 against Slovakia in Bordeaux, to put themselves in the driving seat in Group B. England take on Russia in the other match in the group this evening.
Bale gets Wales off to a flying start
Wales started brightly and things got even better for them when Bale scored a cracking free-kick after 10 minutes. Both sides had chances in a fairly fast paced first half, but it was Wales who went in at half-time 1-0 up.
In the second half Slovakia coach Kozak produced a moment of magic, bringing on Duda for Patrik Hrosovsky and the new substitute put Slovakia level just seconds after coming on.
Mak produced a superb run down the right, carving his way through the Welsh defence before squaring to Duda who produced a fine shot that wrong-footed Ward in the Welsh goal.
Robson-Kanu gets the winner for Wales
Wales grabbed the winner on 81 minutes when Ramsey came into the box and his miscontrolled ball fell to a lurking Robson-Kanu. The striker mis-timed his shot and the ball bobbled off his shin, but past keeper Kozacik and into the net. It might not have been pretty but they all count, and the 24,000 (or more) Welsh fans in the Stade de Bordeaux didn't give a hoot how it had gone in as they went wild.
Wales held on for the famous win, and could have had another as the clock ran down with Bale going on a couple of long distance dangerous runs but without the support necessary.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami will allow fans to attend match against Orlando City
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Latest News USA When does daylight saving time end in the USA and when do the clocks go back?
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why is McConnell advising against the deal?
- Football Raja Casablanca petition CAF to postpone Zamalek match