Spain - Czech Republic: Casillas will play ahead of De Gea
The majority of those who took part in an AS survey expected the Porto keeper to start in goal in La Roja's Euro 2016 opener against the Czech Republic, in the end De Gea started.
The readers of Diario AS got it wrong. The majority of those who took part in a poll thought that that Spain captain Iker Casillas would get the nod in goal for the holders' Euro 2016 opener on Monday. In the end coach Del Bosque put De Gea on his team sheet for the Spain - Czech Republic match.
Iker to play against the Czechs
59.4% of those who responded to the question "Which keeper do you think Vicente del Bosque will pick against the Czech Republic?" expected Casillas to start ahead of David de Gea.
This follows Friday's revelations that the Manchester United man has been named in a sexual assault investigation into pornography producer Ignacio Allende Fernández 'Torbe'.
De Gea has denied any involvement in the affair, in which Athletic Club's Iker Muniain has also been implicated, telling a press conference: "It's all a lie".
Meanwhile, 40.6% were confident that De Gea will be handed the jersey for the clash with Pavel Vrba's men, and they were proved correct.
How and where to watch Spain - Czech Republic
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?