Spain - Czech Republic: Casillas will play ahead of De Gea
The majority of those who took part in an AS survey expected the Porto keeper to start in goal in La Roja's Euro 2016 opener against the Czech Republic, in the end De Gea started.
The readers of Diario AS got it wrong. The majority of those who took part in a poll thought that that Spain captain Iker Casillas would get the nod in goal for the holders' Euro 2016 opener on Monday. In the end coach Del Bosque put De Gea on his team sheet for the Spain - Czech Republic match.
Iker to play against the Czechs
59.4% of those who responded to the question "Which keeper do you think Vicente del Bosque will pick against the Czech Republic?" expected Casillas to start ahead of David de Gea.
This follows Friday's revelations that the Manchester United man has been named in a sexual assault investigation into pornography producer Ignacio Allende Fernández 'Torbe'.
De Gea has denied any involvement in the affair, in which Athletic Club's Iker Muniain has also been implicated, telling a press conference: "It's all a lie".
Meanwhile, 40.6% were confident that De Gea will be handed the jersey for the clash with Pavel Vrba's men, and they were proved correct.
How and where to watch Spain - Czech Republic
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 Nantes unveil new kit in honour of the late Emiliano Sala
- MLS Inter Miami has their eyes set on two Franchise Players
- 2022 WORLD CUP QATAR Aubameyang to face Salah in World Cup qualifying
- COPA DEL REY Shinji Kagawa and Zaragoza come out on top in Copa del Rey battle with Take Kubo's Mallorca
- Messi, Busquets and Pique rested for Ibiza trip
- Lovren lifts leaders Liverpool as defender returns to training