Edurne, De Gea's girlfriend, and the 'Caso Torbe' sex scandal
Spanish singer Edurne, David de Gea's girlfriend of six years, became a trending topic in Spain after the emergence of the sex scandal involving De Gea and Muniain, read her Tweet..
Euro 2016 has been overshadowed by events off the pitch, by the violence on the streets of Marseilles and Nice, and in Spain by the emergence of the 'Torbe case' involving David de Gea and Iker Muniain.
De Gea's girlfriend Edurne, who is a popular Spanish singer, was Trending on Twitter along with the Manchester United goalkeeper, who has denied any involvement in the events that are currently under investigation, after the revelations that set social media alight.
Edurne has been caught up in the controversy by association to the Spanish goalkeeper, and despite not having updated her Twitter account since last Thursday (One day before the story broke), many in Spain see this Tweet posted beforehand as a pre-emptive message:
It reads: "I'll walk for me, nothing else, no looking back, I know I'm able", lines from a song called 'Soy Capaz' - 'I'm Able', and while it was written long before this ordeal came to light, the words fit with what was about to happen. The hashtag reads #NewHorizons.
Edurne and De Gea started their relationship in 2010, two years before the events in question happened involving Muniain and the goalkeeper in the 'Torbe Case'.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga The twenty innovations that have changed Spanish football
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi absolutely needs to rest"
- Liverpool 1-1 Burnley Klopp explains referee row at end of Burnley match
- CORONAVIRUS Disney World opens despite coronavirus: Park Restrictions
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: tens of thousands of Americans sent two payments by mistake