FIFA slams 'shameful scenes' and 'idiotic troublemakers': Euro 2016
FIFA on Sunday strongly condemned the 'shameful scenes' between 'idiotic troublemakers' at the European Championship.
With authorities struggling to contain violence on the streets of France at Euro 2016, and UEFA scrambling to respond, FIFA has condemned the actions of the perpetrators of the violence, calling them "idiotic troublemakers":
'FIFA strongly condemns any form of violence and finds it wholly unacceptable to see such shameful scenes around football matches perpetrated by a minority of idiotic troublemakers,' said a FIFA spokeswoman in a statement.
The world body said the fighting fans 'have nothing to do with football and its true fans.'
This comes after the announcement that the UEFA is investigating Russian fans for violent attacks in the Stade Velodrome after Saturday night's clashes.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend