FIFA slams 'shameful scenes' and 'idiotic troublemakers': Euro 2016
FIFA on Sunday strongly condemned the 'shameful scenes' between 'idiotic troublemakers' at the European Championship.
With authorities struggling to contain violence on the streets of France at Euro 2016, and UEFA scrambling to respond, FIFA has condemned the actions of the perpetrators of the violence, calling them "idiotic troublemakers":
'FIFA strongly condemns any form of violence and finds it wholly unacceptable to see such shameful scenes around football matches perpetrated by a minority of idiotic troublemakers,' said a FIFA spokeswoman in a statement.
The world body said the fighting fans 'have nothing to do with football and its true fans.'
This comes after the announcement that the UEFA is investigating Russian fans for violent attacks in the Stade Velodrome after Saturday night's clashes.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid