FIFA slams 'shameful scenes' and 'idiotic troublemakers': Euro 2016
FIFA on Sunday strongly condemned the 'shameful scenes' between 'idiotic troublemakers' at the European Championship.
With authorities struggling to contain violence on the streets of France at Euro 2016, and UEFA scrambling to respond, FIFA has condemned the actions of the perpetrators of the violence, calling them "idiotic troublemakers":
'FIFA strongly condemns any form of violence and finds it wholly unacceptable to see such shameful scenes around football matches perpetrated by a minority of idiotic troublemakers,' said a FIFA spokeswoman in a statement.
The world body said the fighting fans 'have nothing to do with football and its true fans.'
This comes after the announcement that the UEFA is investigating Russian fans for violent attacks in the Stade Velodrome after Saturday night's clashes.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?