FIFA slams 'shameful scenes' and 'idiotic troublemakers': Euro 2016
FIFA on Sunday strongly condemned the 'shameful scenes' between 'idiotic troublemakers' at the European Championship.
With authorities struggling to contain violence on the streets of France at Euro 2016, and UEFA scrambling to respond, FIFA has condemned the actions of the perpetrators of the violence, calling them "idiotic troublemakers":
'FIFA strongly condemns any form of violence and finds it wholly unacceptable to see such shameful scenes around football matches perpetrated by a minority of idiotic troublemakers,' said a FIFA spokeswoman in a statement.
The world body said the fighting fans 'have nothing to do with football and its true fans.'
This comes after the announcement that the UEFA is investigating Russian fans for violent attacks in the Stade Velodrome after Saturday night's clashes.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Bulgarian football chief resigns after racist abuse
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Leganés paid a fine for not playing Lunin last season
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid look to Haaland, Odegaard and the Gudjohnsens
- BARCELONA Barcelona did not play youth tournament over Spain shirt
- FOOTBALL Ronaldo's milestones on the way to 700 goals
- REAL MADRID Jovic's father defends his son for playing with Madrid after injury
- INTER MILAN Sánchez may require surgery on ankle injury, Inter confirm
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Robert Moreno asks for three wins