Sevilla confirm Emery exit and talks with Jorge Sampaoli
The club issued a statement on Sunday confirming Unai Emery will leave the club after three years in charge and talks begin with Sampaoli.
Sevilla FC on Sunday issued a statement to the effect that Unai Emery will leave the club and talks will begin with Jorge Sampaoli on Monday as a successor to the three-times Europa League-winning coach.
“Sevilla FC has received a formal communication from Unai Emery’s lawyers in which was stated his intention to unilaterally resolve his working relationship with Sevilla FC during the next week given his desire not to continue as coach of the first team for the 2016-17 season.
Once the Basque coach’s irrevocable decision to terminate his contract with Sevilla FC was received, the club initiated the process of replacing him.
In this sense, it is expected that former Chile manager Jorge Sampaoli will arrive in Sevilla on Monday to open talks with the club.”
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Kroos is having the best season of his Real Madrid career
- World Cup 2022 Work at the Al Bayt stadium almost complete
- Bundesliga Dortmund: Mourinho in line to replace under-fire Favre
- Champions League Pep Guardiola loses patience with slow Stones
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Spurs squad '1000 per cent' behind Pochettino
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Suárez bids to end away drought: Champions League in numbers