Sevilla confirm Emery exit and talks with Jorge Sampaoli
The club issued a statement on Sunday confirming Unai Emery will leave the club after three years in charge and talks begin with Sampaoli.
Sevilla FC on Sunday issued a statement to the effect that Unai Emery will leave the club and talks will begin with Jorge Sampaoli on Monday as a successor to the three-times Europa League-winning coach.
“Sevilla FC has received a formal communication from Unai Emery’s lawyers in which was stated his intention to unilaterally resolve his working relationship with Sevilla FC during the next week given his desire not to continue as coach of the first team for the 2016-17 season.
Once the Basque coach’s irrevocable decision to terminate his contract with Sevilla FC was received, the club initiated the process of replacing him.
In this sense, it is expected that former Chile manager Jorge Sampaoli will arrive in Sevilla on Monday to open talks with the club.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Juventus director Paratici under investigation over Suarez's Italian exam
- SERIE A Official: Napoli stadium renamed Stadio Diego Armando Maradona
- REAL MADRID Camavinga a step closer to Real Madrid
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid squad for Sevilla: Sergio Ramos left behind
- FOOTBALL Tagliafico signs new Ajax contract which includes get-out clause
- Atlético Madrid Luis Suárez set to train after negative covid-19 test