French plan alcohol ban for Euro 2016 after violent incidents
Bernard Cazeneuve, French interior minister, said he would ban the sale of alcohol near Euro 2016 venues on match days.
After the violent pitched battles between Russian, French and English individuals in Marseille before the Euro 2016 Group A match between England - Russia game on Saturday night, which left two people in a critical condition in hospital, tens of wounded and six in police custody, the French government is keen to take measures to prevent a repeat of the terrible scenes.
Prevent sale, consumption and transportation of alcohol at Euro 2016
French interior minister Bernard Cazeneuve Cazeneuve said he had asked police chiefs in the nine cities where Euro 2016 matches are being hosted to take all possible measures to prevent the sale, consumption and transportation of alcohol on the day before the fixtures and on the match days themselves.
"What happened in Marseille is unacceptable" said Casenueve.
Te recomendamos en English
- latest news Happy Thanksgiving 2020 messages, images and memes
- thanksgiving Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: times, TV and how to watch online
- HOLIDAYS Thanksgiving: since when has it been celebrated? What’s its origin and meaning?
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions