Andy Murray: Ivan Lendl back as coach in time for Wimbledon
British number one Murray has confirmed that he has reunited with Lendl, who coached him to victory at SW19 in 2013.
British tennis star Andy Murray boosted his bid for a second Wimbledon title on Sunday by recalling Ivan Lendl to his coaching team.
Lendl, 56, coached him to his success at the All England Club in 2013.
Murray - who also won the 2012 US Open and Olympic gold in the same year under Lendl's aegis - revealed the news of his reunion with the former Czech world number one in a statement.
"I had two very successful years working with Ivan, he's single-minded and knows what it takes to win the big events," said Murray.
"I'm looking forward to Ivan joining the team again and helping me try and reach my goals."
Lendl's first target will be this week's key Wimbledon lead-up event Queen's.
"I enjoyed working with Andy in the past," said Lendl.
"Andy and I have always stayed in contact so it should be fun to be part of his team again," he added.
Lendl originally left Murray's employ in 2014 because he had had enough of the incessant travelling.
Murray eventually replaced eight-time Grand Slam singles champion Lendl - for whom Wimbledon was the only Grand Slam title to elude him, losing in two finals - with former French female star Amelie Mauresmo.
However, whilst he regained his number two spot in the world rankings, he failed to add to his Grand Slam trophy haul and split from her earlier this year.
Since then he had relied on former British professional player Jamie Delgado, and he subsequently became the first British player to reach the French Open final since 1937, beating defending champion Stan Wawrinka in the semi-finals.
However, despite winning the first set he went down to a four-set defeat to world number one Novak Djokovic.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?