Northern Ireland fan dies in Nice during Euro 2016 after falling
Local officials have announced that a 24-year old has been killed in a "suspected accidental death" in the French town of Nice.
A Northern Irish soccer fan died in the French city of Nice after scaling a sea-front railing and falling on his head onto a stone beach, a local official said on Monday.
He is the first supporter to die during a Euro 2016 soccer tournament that has been marred by off-pitch violence between fans since Friday's opening but all signs in this case suggest that there was no related issue and this was simply a terrible accident.
"Investigators suspect an accidental death," a police spokesman said, adding that the 24-year-old man, whose name was withheld, was drunk at the time of falling. He is believed to have been on his own at the time of the tragedy and now the appropriate authorities are taking steps to inform his family.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: McConnell confirms there will be checks for low-income Americans
- Premier League Lloris explains bust-up with Spurs team-mate Son
- Football Man Utd and Man City battling for Koulibaly and Skriniar
- Coronavirus FC Dallas out of MLS is Back Tournament due to Covid-19 cases
- BARCELONA Bartomeu confident of ninth Messi Barcelona renewal
- Qatar 2022 Aspire's online program aimed at promoting a healthy lifestyle