David Silva joins the Spain 100 club, against Czech Republic
David Silva has joined the select club of players to have 100 caps for the Spanish national side. He played his 100th game against the Czech Republic.
David Silva earns 100th cap against Czech Republic
David Silva joins the select club of Spanish internationals who have played 100 games for Spain. Silva started against the Czech Republic in today's Group D match to rack up the historic figure. Spain won the match 1-0.
Silva 11th player to reach 100 caps
David Silva is now the 11th player to have reached the milestone, and equals Carles Puyol's total. He's the seventh in a list of active players together with Iker Casillas (1st:167 games), Ramos (3rd: 132), Xabi Alonso (5th: 114), Fernando Torres (6th: 110), Iniesta (7th: 110) and Cesc Fábregas (8th: 107).
Iniesta and Cesc also added another cap today, being in the starting line-up against the Czech Republic.
The other players with 100 caps who aren't still playing are: Xavi (2nd: 133 games), Zubizarreta (4th: 126), Raúl (9th: 102) and Puyol (10th: 100).
Part of the Golden Age of Spanish football
Silva made his debut with the Spanish side on 15 November 2006 against Romania, and was part of the squads that won Euro 2008, World Cup 2010, Euro 2012.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Karim Benzema leads Cristiano Ronaldo in goal participation
- BARCELONA Barcelona out of sorts: 16 injuries in three months...
- REAL MADRID Zindane's inclusive policy
- BUNDESLIGA Hoeness: Some Bayern Munich players wanted Kovac out
- Premier League "Mesut Özil should be the cherry on the cake, but..." - Tony Adams
- YouTube fight KSI loss not real for Logan Paul as YouTubers fight in the ring