David Silva joins the Spain 100 club, against Czech Republic
David Silva has joined the select club of players to have 100 caps for the Spanish national side. He played his 100th game against the Czech Republic.
David Silva earns 100th cap against Czech Republic
David Silva joins the select club of Spanish internationals who have played 100 games for Spain. Silva started against the Czech Republic in today's Group D match to rack up the historic figure. Spain won the match 1-0.
Silva 11th player to reach 100 caps
David Silva is now the 11th player to have reached the milestone, and equals Carles Puyol's total. He's the seventh in a list of active players together with Iker Casillas (1st:167 games), Ramos (3rd: 132), Xabi Alonso (5th: 114), Fernando Torres (6th: 110), Iniesta (7th: 110) and Cesc Fábregas (8th: 107).
Iniesta and Cesc also added another cap today, being in the starting line-up against the Czech Republic.
The other players with 100 caps who aren't still playing are: Xavi (2nd: 133 games), Zubizarreta (4th: 126), Raúl (9th: 102) and Puyol (10th: 100).
Part of the Golden Age of Spanish football
Silva made his debut with the Spanish side on 15 November 2006 against Romania, and was part of the squads that won Euro 2008, World Cup 2010, Euro 2012.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021