Croatia captain Srna flies home for father’s funeral
Darijo Srna returned home from Euro 2016 in France on Monday for the funeral of his father, the Croatian football federation (HNS) confirmed.
Croatia captain Darijo Srna was due to return home from Euro 2016 in France on Monday for the funeral of his father, the Croatian football federation (HNS) confirmed.
The federation said in a statement that Srna would return to Metkovic, in southern Croatia, for the funeral and expressed their condolences to the 130-time capped veteran and his family. The 34-year-old defender learned about the death of his father after Croatia's 1-0 win over Turkey in their Euro 2016 opener on Sunday, state-run HINA news agency reported.
Srna, who plays for Ukraine's Shakhtar Donetsk, has said the tournament will be his farewell to international duty. The HNS did not say when he was to return to France. Croatia play the Czech Republic in their next game on Friday, when Turkey face defending champions Spain in the other game in Group D.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?