Croatia captain Srna flies home for father’s funeral
Darijo Srna returned home from Euro 2016 in France on Monday for the funeral of his father, the Croatian football federation (HNS) confirmed.
Croatia captain Darijo Srna was due to return home from Euro 2016 in France on Monday for the funeral of his father, the Croatian football federation (HNS) confirmed.
The federation said in a statement that Srna would return to Metkovic, in southern Croatia, for the funeral and expressed their condolences to the 130-time capped veteran and his family. The 34-year-old defender learned about the death of his father after Croatia's 1-0 win over Turkey in their Euro 2016 opener on Sunday, state-run HINA news agency reported.
Srna, who plays for Ukraine's Shakhtar Donetsk, has said the tournament will be his farewell to international duty. The HNS did not say when he was to return to France. Croatia play the Czech Republic in their next game on Friday, when Turkey face defending champions Spain in the other game in Group D.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win