Atlético Madrid are working hard this summer to bring in the star signings that will persuade coach Diego Simeone to stay at the club. Apart from a top-class striker, a quality midfielder is also on the Rojoblanco wishlist.
On Tuesday various media outlets in Britain reported that the Vicente Calderon outfit is interested in West Ham’s Dimitri Payet – the player responsible for saving France’s skin last Friday night in their Euro 2016 opener against Romania.
A centre-midfielder, who can also play on either wing, Payet would be a fantastic addition to the Atlético team, and one that could particularly bring out the best of compatriot Antoine Griezmann.
Football's hottest property
However, the problem is that Payet – after his heroics this season at Upton Park, as well the star role he’s already played at Euro 2016 – is one of football’s hottest properties with a price tag to come with it. West Ham will neither be keen to let him go, recently declaring the player untransferable.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment The Oscars 2021: when are nominations announced and when is the ceremony?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: do any Republicans support the bill?
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 $400 unemployment benefits: how long has the House extended them?
- PLAYSTATION How to download Ratchet & Clank for free on PS4 & PS5: dates, times & availability
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Why was there a proposal for a $10,000 stimulus check and could it pass?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 $400 new weekly unemployment benefits: when are they coming?