Atlético Madrid are working hard this summer to bring in the star signings that will persuade coach Diego Simeone to stay at the club. Apart from a top-class striker, a quality midfielder is also on the Rojoblanco wishlist.
On Tuesday various media outlets in Britain reported that the Vicente Calderon outfit is interested in West Ham’s Dimitri Payet – the player responsible for saving France’s skin last Friday night in their Euro 2016 opener against Romania.
A centre-midfielder, who can also play on either wing, Payet would be a fantastic addition to the Atlético team, and one that could particularly bring out the best of compatriot Antoine Griezmann.
Football's hottest property
However, the problem is that Payet – after his heroics this season at Upton Park, as well the star role he’s already played at Euro 2016 – is one of football’s hottest properties with a price tag to come with it. West Ham will neither be keen to let him go, recently declaring the player untransferable.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd protests: Is kneeling on the neck a legal police tactic?
- George Floyd protests Trump criticises Saints QB Brees for changing stance on kneeling
- Coronavirus Donald Trump links job numbers to a ‘great day’ for George Floyd
- Coronavirus New York records lowest number of daily coronavirus deaths since pandemic started
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- George Floyd George Floyd death: what do we know about the four police officers? Charges and backgrounds