Las Palmas defender Mauricio Lemos has been offered to Real Madrid. The Uruguayan’s representatives have informed the Bernabéu that Lemos will be permitted to leave the Canarian club if a suitable fee is agreed, although Madrid have yet to respond to the offer. Real are studying the situation, which would involve going over Barcelona’s head as the Camp Nou has also expressed an interest in securing the services of a player who has made a good impression since his arrival in Spain during the winter transfer market.
Lemos arrived at Las Palmas on loan from Rubin Kazan (where he played just 560 minutes in the first half of the season) with the Liga club having an option to buy the 20-year-old for a fee of three million euros. When Las Palmas decided to exercise that option, they encountered Barcelona, who had become involved in negotiations. Lemos elected not to sign a deal with Las Palmas due to the interest from the Liga champions and Barcelona offered just four million to try and tempt the club into a deal, while also trying to persuade Lemos not to put pen to paper.
However, Las Palmas managed to trigger the purchase and persuaded Lemos to sign a five-year deal at the Estadio de Gran Canaria. When the deal was made public, Las Palmas said in their statement that “big clubs” had expressed an interest in the player. It was a little note of anger at Barcelona’s attempt to turn the player’s head. Las Palmas did not take kindly to Barcelona trying to create a contract rebel.
Madrid are considering the option to buy Lemos as one for the future. The Fifa transfer ban hanging over the club is currently suspended but may be reactivated at any time. Furthermore, Lemos’ status as a non-EU player means he could not play for the first team at the moment, with the non-EU slots in the squad filled by Casemiro, James Rodríguez and Danilo.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Phil Neville is one step closer to becoming new Inter Miami head coach
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks New stimulus check: will be there a third round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- NFL PLAYOFFS Johnson shines for Bills as defence gets praise