When Real Madrid come calling, you go
In a recent chat I had with Bayern and Real Madrid legend Paul Breitner, one of us mentioned the name of Toni Kroos. Why did he leave Bayern if he was so happy and if Pep needed him? Breitner, with less hair but the same intelligence as always, was clear about it: When Madrid come calling, you can’t really turn it down. “I did the same thing, and I didn’t think twice about it,” he said. The Bernabéu train usually only stops once.
Pogba's golden opportunity
In the case of Paul Pogba – as much as Real Madrid have been working their communication strategy (going out of their way to endear themselves) and have tried other star alternatives in Robert Lewandowski – the Juventus player knows he has a golden opportunity to sign for the club.
Juventus – conscious of their inferiority in the transfer market and in the eyes of elite players – will want to get their money’s worth. We’ll have to see if the two sides can agree on numbers, but Pogba no doubt wants to become a centre-midfielder of reference at Real. The Frenchman feels he’s capable of that and more. By the way, Real Madrid Castilla could have signed him for less than a million euros, but he wasn’t considered good enough at the time. They’re considering it much differently this time.
Te recomendamos en English
- Moving the goalposts! Mourinho reveals woodwork mishap
- CORONAVIRUS $300 unemployment benefits: which states are still paying it?
- US NEWS Breonna Taylor case: who are Brett Hankison, Jonathan Mattingly and Myles Cosgrove?
- Black Lives Matter protests Breonna Taylor case: what is ‘wanton endangerment’ in the first degree?
- Billboard Music Awards Billboard Music Awards 2020: list of all nominations - Post Malone, the most nominated
- Liverpool Liverpool were 'easy on the eye' against Lincoln City - Klopp