Real Madrid have not given up the chase for David Alaba. Last week, a Real Madrid representative landed in Munich to negotiate over the transfer of the Austrian midfielder from Bayern, according to AS sources close to the operation. During the meeting, Los Blancos tried to barter the Bavarian club’s asking price for Alaba from €80million down to €50 million, a figure which – for now – has been soundly rejected.
Real interest excites Alaba's father
The footballer’s father, George Alaba, who was in Bordeaux to see his son’s Euro debut on Monday, views Real Madrid’s interest with “excitement” say the same sources. José Ángel Sánchez, general director of the Bernabéu outfit, has held various meetings in the last few months in Munich (as well as in Vienna) with George Alaba, in which he sought assurances over the player’s eagerness over a move to the Spanish capital. However, the German champions’ stance on the situation has stayed firm. “We don’t want to sell Alaba” is the message they’ve sent on numerous occasions when asked about a possible switch.
Bayern: "The door is closed"
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, executive director at Bayern, reiterated his position when asked about it on 7 June. “The door is closed. No player will leave Bayern against our will,” said Rummenigge in an interview with Sport Bild. “We’ve got a good relationship with Real Madrid as we do with Barcelona. But since 2008 it’s been known around Europe that we don’t sell players that we don’t want to sell.” What’more, with Alaba’s contract amplification back in March (in which he signed to extend his stay in Munich until 2021), the club’s negotiating position has been strengthened better still.
Despite all this, Real Madrid are not giving up on an impressively versatile player (he can play almost anywhere on the park) who they both admire and deeply desire. Alaba’s openness to a move also gives them hope of wearing down Bayern’s resistance.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Biden - Trump last debate live online: updates, fact check and reactions
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Covid-19 Financial Crisis How will the election affect unemployment benefits in US?
- US NEWS Who is Kristen Walker, moderator for the final presidential debate? | US Election 2020
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Trump - Biden debate: why will they be muted when the other is talking?
- PRESEDENTIAL DEBATE Last debate Trump vs Biden tonight: time, TV and how to watch live online