Middlesbrough sign Colombian centre-back Espinosa
Colombian defender Bernardo Espinosa became newly-promoted Premier League side Middlesbrough's second signing of the pre-season on Wednesday.
Colombian central defender Bernardo Espinosa became newly-promoted Premier League side Middlesbrough's second signing of the pre-season on Wednesday.
The 26-year-old, who had been coveted by top tier rivals Watford, Everton and Bournemouth, will join the club on July 1st when his present contract with Spanish outfit Sporting de Gijón terminates.
Espinosa, who has spent his career in Spain firstly after coming through the yourth ranks at Sevilla and then with Racing de Santander and finally Sporting de Gijón in 2013, follows Danish winger Viktor Fischer as the first new faces at Middlesbrough.
The centre-back was restricted to only a handful of appearances for Sporting last season because of a knee injury but Middlesbrough hope he will be fit for the start of the season in August. Fischer meanwhile signed from Dutch side Ajax for £3.8million ($5.3million, 4.8million euros) earlier this month.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Umtiti and Junior fit to return for Barcelona at Eibar
- International football Bulgaria-England: Balakov quits as fallout from clash continues
- BARCELONA Vidal on tattoos, his mo-hawk and some advice for Dembélé
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Rodrygo, Vinicius wanted by Brazil in January
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood signs new Man United contract
- Serie A Ancelotti thanks De Laurentiis for clearing up Napoli 'lies'