Middlesbrough sign Colombian centre-back Espinosa
Colombian defender Bernardo Espinosa became newly-promoted Premier League side Middlesbrough's second signing of the pre-season on Wednesday.
Colombian central defender Bernardo Espinosa became newly-promoted Premier League side Middlesbrough's second signing of the pre-season on Wednesday.
The 26-year-old, who had been coveted by top tier rivals Watford, Everton and Bournemouth, will join the club on July 1st when his present contract with Spanish outfit Sporting de Gijón terminates.
Espinosa, who has spent his career in Spain firstly after coming through the yourth ranks at Sevilla and then with Racing de Santander and finally Sporting de Gijón in 2013, follows Danish winger Viktor Fischer as the first new faces at Middlesbrough.
The centre-back was restricted to only a handful of appearances for Sporting last season because of a knee injury but Middlesbrough hope he will be fit for the start of the season in August. Fischer meanwhile signed from Dutch side Ajax for £3.8million ($5.3million, 4.8million euros) earlier this month.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022