Middlesbrough sign Colombian centre-back Espinosa
Colombian defender Bernardo Espinosa became newly-promoted Premier League side Middlesbrough's second signing of the pre-season on Wednesday.
Colombian central defender Bernardo Espinosa became newly-promoted Premier League side Middlesbrough's second signing of the pre-season on Wednesday.
The 26-year-old, who had been coveted by top tier rivals Watford, Everton and Bournemouth, will join the club on July 1st when his present contract with Spanish outfit Sporting de Gijón terminates.
Espinosa, who has spent his career in Spain firstly after coming through the yourth ranks at Sevilla and then with Racing de Santander and finally Sporting de Gijón in 2013, follows Danish winger Viktor Fischer as the first new faces at Middlesbrough.
The centre-back was restricted to only a handful of appearances for Sporting last season because of a knee injury but Middlesbrough hope he will be fit for the start of the season in August. Fischer meanwhile signed from Dutch side Ajax for £3.8million ($5.3million, 4.8million euros) earlier this month.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Napoli sack Ancelotti
- Liverpool 'greedy for more' in Champions League after booking last-16 spot
- Champions League Champions League last 16 taking shape ahead of Monday draw
- Inter Milan 1-2 Barcelona Ansu Fati becomes youngest ever Champions League goal scorer
- Manchester City Guardiola backs Foden to become heartbeat of City team
- Juventus Sarri wants Juventus to finish in style