Cheryshev completes Villarreal move; Diego Llorente to follow
The Russian midfielder signs a five-year deal with the coastal side paying Real Madrid seven million euros. Central defender Diego Llorente is to follow on loan.
Denis Cheryshev completed a permanent move to Villarreal on Wednesday evening, signing a five-year deal, the Castellón-based outfit confirmed. The operation was closed earlier in the day but negotiations have been going on for some time. AS reported on 12 June that meetings had taken place between Villarreal and Real Madrid to agree the terms of the arrangement and a transfer fee. Cheryshev returns to the club where he spent a successful year on loan, on the express wishes of coach Marcelino, with Villarreal paying Madrid a fee of around seven million euros - although neither club has disclosed the actual figure which could rise to 10 million if Villarreal aacquire 100 per cent of Cheryshev's economic rights. That however, was a situation which Madrid were hoping to avoid as they would perfer first option to buy the player but at a later date.
Villarreal are also close to bringing in another product of 'La Fábrica' - centre-back Diego Llorente, who excelled on loan last season at Rayo Vallecano and who played under Zidane with Castilla. The 'Submarine' are expected to announce the defender's arrival, on a one-year loan deal from Real Madrid, at some point over the next few days.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"