Micale to take the reins of Brazil’s football team in Rio
Brazil's under-20s coach Micale will handle the host nation's football squad at the Rio Olympics, the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) said on Wednesday.
Brazil's under-20s coach Rogerio Micale will handle the host nation's football squad at the Rio Olympics, the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) said on Wednesday.
It had previously been thought likely that former national coach Dunga would oversee the Olympic team, but he was fired after Brazil's shock first round exit from the Copa América.
“A preliminary list of 35 players and the 12 members of the coaching staff is about to be sent to FIFA”, the CBF said on Wednesday. “The final 18-player squad will be revealed on 29 June during a press conference with the coach Rogerio Micale at the CBF headquarters”.
Chief on the player list should be the Barcelona striker Neymar, who was absent from the Copa América after his club side made that a pre-condition of releasing him for the Olympic Games in his homeland.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?