Official: Atlético sign Gaitán from Benfica
Atlético de Madrid confirmed the arrival of the 28-year-old, who joins from Benfica and is currently on duty with Argentina at the Copa América.
- LaLiga Santander, matchday 20: Alavés-Atlético Live.
Atlético de Madrid confirmed in a statement on Thursday the signing of Nico Gaitán. The 28-year-old Argentine winger joins from Benfica. Gaitán is currently on international duty with Argentina at the Copa América and will fly directly to Madrid after the tournament ends to sign the relevant documents to complete his move.
Atleti have not disclosed the figures involved in the operation, but are believed to have paid a fee of around 25 million euros for the player, who joins on a four-year contract. Gaitán passed his medical revision in Buenos Aires and will not need a further examination when he arrives in the capital. The news is certain to make Diego Simeone a happy man - he requested the winger two seasons ago.
More to follow...
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane