Morata: "Now's not the time to be talking about Real Madrid"
The Juve player says that he is not thinking about his future - only Spain's meeting with Croatia on Friday night and winning all three of the team's group games.
Álvaro Morata says that he is not thinking about his future and that the issue of Real Madrid triggering the buy-back clause in his contract is the last thing on his mind right now. Spain face Turkey in their second game at Euro 2016 tomorrow night and could seal their place in the Last 16 with a win in Nice. That, says Morata, is the only thing on his mind - as well as winning the final group game against Croatia on Tuesday.
"I'm certainly not spending all day waiting by the phone - that's not something which interests me in the slightest right now. I'll have time for that when the Euros are over, and I hope I have another winners' medal when that happens", Morata explained today. "We are a team which is very dangerous if we are left space to move; Turkey have shown recently that they're a better team than the Czech Republic but they're not as well organized. They have quality players - like Arda Turan, Hakan Çalhanoğlu... incredible players. We'll need to be fully focused, as we always are. We are Spain and that means we have to win all of our games and end the first stage top of our group but it's going to be very difficult to beat Turkey".
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's internal debate
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Premier League: Arsenal intensify Nuno interest and keep Martínez in mind
- VALENCIA - REAL MADRID Zidane and Celades: friends in Madrid, rivals in Valencia
- FOOTBALL Michael Owen: "I was already in decline by the time I was 23"
- Rashford eager to live up to 'nice' Ronaldo comparisons
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool: "Klopp has made me who I am today" - Alexander-Arnold