Morata's agent is at the Bernabéu discussing the player's future
Álvaro Morata's agent Juanma López turned up at the Bernabéu offices this morning to begin discussions over the player's future with Real Madrid.
Finally, Álvaro Morata's future is being addressed. The player's agent Juanma López is currently holding a meeting with Real Madrid directors at the Santiago Bernabéu offices to find out whether the club will exercise the buy-back clause in the contract signed with Juventus two seasons ago. That clause would enable Madrid to retrieve Morata for 30 million euros.
Morata's representative turned up at the Bernabéu offices on Calle Concha Espina at midday and is still discussing the matter with Madrid officials.
Madrid's plan is to trigger the buy-back clause to recover the striker, but sell him on for a higher figure to one of the Premier League clubs who have shown an interest in the player. Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool are keen to sign the Spain international but it appears that Morata would only be willing to join either United or Chelsea.
Another of Juanma López's clients is Diego Llorente and his situation will also be reviewed in today's meeting. The centre-back's loan stint at Rayo Vallecano is now over and he looks set to follow Denis Cheryshev to Villarreal - but, unlike the Russian, only on loan.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid fans angry over Bale's "childish" antics - Calderon
- Premier League Mourinho's call for 'respect' as he sends warning to Klopp and Pep
- GIMNASIA LP Diego Maradona u-turn to stay at Gimnasia
- REAL MADRID Eden Hazard: "PSG wanted me but I've always said no"
- Premier League Solskjaer, not Pochettino, is right man for Man Utd - Rashford
- Real Madrid Gareth Bale's agent says flag celebration was 'for the media'