Liverpool prepare to nick Kovacic from under Roma's noses
Despite Mateo Kovacic reaching personal terms with Roma, Liverpool are preparing an eleventh hour swoop for the player's services with a €30 million bid, according to The Mirror
Mateo Kovacic continues to attract suitors, with the latest team to join the race for player’s signature being Liverpool, according to The Mirror. Their interest comes despite reports coming out of Italy on Thursday that the Real Madrid midfielder has agreed to join Roma on a season-long loan.
Liverpool ready to offer €30m
Although that deal is all but done, say La Gazetta, Liverpool are trying to steal Kovacic’s services at the eleventh hour by enticing him with the promise of Premier League football, and would be ready to offer €30 million euros for the privilege. If a permanent switch is not in the offing, the Reds would also be open to negotiating a temporary stay of one season.
Roma yet to reach agreement with Real
However, Roma are still best situated to complete the signing of Kovacic – a player they believe to be the perfect replacement for Pjancic after losing him to Juventus for €32 million. The Italian side though are yet to arrive at an economic agreement with Real Madrid for the Croatian. Kovacic, since joining Los Blancos last season, has failed to break into the first team, spending most of his time at the Bernabéu sitting on the substitutes bench.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- United States Who is investigating Donald Trump's companies over fraud?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Valencia star Ferrán Torres
- European football Champions League and Europa League return: where is it happening and how will it work?
- Madrid Open cancelled due to coronavirus