Flares thrown onto pitch stop Czech Republic - Croatia
Around 12 flares were thrown onto the turf at Saint Etienne from the stands stands occupied by the Croatian fans.
Flares half Czech Republic - Croatia
Around a dozen flares thrown onto the pitch brought the Czech Republic - Croatia game to a halt, in Group D of Euro 2016.
The flares were thrown onto the pitch in the 85th minute of the game with the score standing at 1-2 in favour of Croatia. The lit flares were thrown from the section of the ground holding the Croatian supporters.
UEFA will almost certainly open an investigation into the incident, with Croatia facing a possible monetary fine, possible points sanction or even expulsion from the tournament, though this latter would be highly unlikely for this incident alone.
The game was stopped for six minutes while the flares were cleared from the pitch. English referee Mark Clattenburg then re-started the match, with the Czech Republic going on to level the match 2-2.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: will the congress accept a new payment before February?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: comparing Trump and Biden’s stimulus packages
- SERIE A How Inter and Milan are lining up to take Scudetto from Juventus
- REAL MADRID The Hazard enigma
- FOOTBALL Scolari leaves Cruzeiro after steering them to safety