Spain - Turkey | Euro 2016
Casillas celebrates with Nolito after Spain's second goal
Nolito grabbed Spain's second goal against Turkey, his first competitive international strike, and ran to the dug-out to celebrate where he was met with Casillas.
Nolito grabbed Spain's second goal in their Group D match against Turkey at Euro 2016, pouncing after a terrible mistake from Topal in defence saw him one on one with Babacan in the Turkish goal; the Celta striker made no mistake slotting home neatly and wheeling away after making it 2-0 for Del Bosque's men.
The goal was Nolito's first competitive international goal, having scored in two friendlies previously (two against Bosnia-Herzegovina and two against South Korea).
Casillas first up to celebrate
In the dug-out the players had only just sat back down after celebrating Morata's opener, and the first player on his feet to celebrate Spain's second was Casillas.
The Spanish stalwart for so many years, now replaced by De Gea, went running down the touch-line to meet Nolito as he ran to the Spanish camp to celebrate. The striker with 10 caps and the now-benched keeper with 167 met in a huge hug of delight, that shows how united the Spanish squad is.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?