Euro 2016: Spain through to last 16 after win over Turkey
The holders' 3-0 victory on Friday means they join France and Italy in being assured of their place in the knockout stages.
Spain's comprehensive victory over Turkey at Euro 2016 on Friday saw them join France and Italy in guaranteeing their place in the competition's last 16.
Third-placed Czechs cannot catch Spain
Having beaten the Czech Republic in their tournament opener, the holders' 3-0 triumph in Nice leaves them leading Group D on six points after two games.
Croatia are two points behind on four and, with the Czechs in third on one, the 1996 runners-up cannot now overhaul Vicente del Bosque's men. Following defeats in both of their matches so far, Turkey are pointless and bottom.
La Roja out to avoid potential Italy clash
Spain take on Croatia in their final first-round fixture on Tuesday in a game in which top spot will be at stake - with a draw enough for La Roja to progress as group winners.
If the three-time European champions do make sure of first position, they will face a round-of-16 clash with the third-placed team from Group B, E or F on Saturday 25 June.
Should Spain lose to Croatia and be forced to settle for second, however, they will be left with a tie against the winners of Group E - likely to be Italy - on Monday 27.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS IRS checks: what does tax refund 30 mean?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos will be back one day, says Toni Kroos
- NFL Carl Nassib announcement "historical landmark" for NFL - Ryan Russell
- EURO 2020 Euro 2021 Group E: scores, standings and who progresses to the round of 16
- NBA Coach Tyronn Lue hopes the home arena ambiance will help indisposed Clippers
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: why could the US be the next country hit with the delta variant?