Euro 2016: Spain through to last 16 after win over Turkey
The holders' 3-0 victory on Friday means they join France and Italy in being assured of their place in the knockout stages.
Spain's comprehensive victory over Turkey at Euro 2016 on Friday saw them join France and Italy in guaranteeing their place in the competition's last 16.
Third-placed Czechs cannot catch Spain
Having beaten the Czech Republic in their tournament opener, the holders' 3-0 triumph in Nice leaves them leading Group D on six points after two games.
Croatia are two points behind on four and, with the Czechs in third on one, the 1996 runners-up cannot now overhaul Vicente del Bosque's men. Following defeats in both of their matches so far, Turkey are pointless and bottom.
La Roja out to avoid potential Italy clash
Spain take on Croatia in their final first-round fixture on Tuesday in a game in which top spot will be at stake - with a draw enough for La Roja to progress as group winners.
If the three-time European champions do make sure of first position, they will face a round-of-16 clash with the third-placed team from Group B, E or F on Saturday 25 June.
Should Spain lose to Croatia and be forced to settle for second, however, they will be left with a tie against the winners of Group E - likely to be Italy - on Monday 27.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?