Euro 2016: Spain through to last 16 after win over Turkey
The holders' 3-0 victory on Friday means they join France and Italy in being assured of their place in the knockout stages.
Spain's comprehensive victory over Turkey at Euro 2016 on Friday saw them join France and Italy in guaranteeing their place in the competition's last 16.
Third-placed Czechs cannot catch Spain
Having beaten the Czech Republic in their tournament opener, the holders' 3-0 triumph in Nice leaves them leading Group D on six points after two games.
Croatia are two points behind on four and, with the Czechs in third on one, the 1996 runners-up cannot now overhaul Vicente del Bosque's men. Following defeats in both of their matches so far, Turkey are pointless and bottom.
La Roja out to avoid potential Italy clash
Spain take on Croatia in their final first-round fixture on Tuesday in a game in which top spot will be at stake - with a draw enough for La Roja to progress as group winners.
If the three-time European champions do make sure of first position, they will face a round-of-16 clash with the third-placed team from Group B, E or F on Saturday 25 June.
Should Spain lose to Croatia and be forced to settle for second, however, they will be left with a tie against the winners of Group E - likely to be Italy - on Monday 27.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Augusta Masters 2021 Day 3 live online | scores and leaderboard | Matsuyama leads at -11
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: until when will the new "plus-up" payments be sent?
- REAL MADRID 2 - 1 BARCELONA Real Madrid ratings in Clásico against Barcelona
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid ahead of Barcelona in Clásicos won: 98-96
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid - Barcelona: what are their next matches and how many points are left?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker