GRUPO D | ESPAÑA 3 - TURQUÍA 0
Ramos becomes Spain's most capped outfield player ever
Winning his 134th cap against Turkey, the defender overtook Xavi as Spain's record outfield appearance maker. Goalkeeper Iker Casillas remains top of the overall list with 167 caps.
Spain’s victory over Turkey will go down in history for being the game in which Spain not only installed themselves as early favourites to lift their third consecutive European Championship, but also the occasion when Sergio Ramos became the country's most capped outfield player ever.
Ramos overtakes Xaxi
The central defender won his 134th international cap, overtaking Xavi Hernadez (133) as La Roja’s record outfield appearance maker. Ramos came to Euro 2016 with 132 games under his belt, drawing level with the Barcelona legend when Spain took on Czech Republic last Saturday.
Casillas holds overall record
With 167 caps, Iker Casillas holds the record for the most appearances made by any player in the history of national team. Ramos now finds himself second on that list, 27 caps behind.
Te recomendamos en English
- Granada vs Real Madrid Granada vs Real Madrid: How and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Florida sets one-day record with over 15,000 new cases
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester capitulate as Bournemouth stay alive in relegation scrap
- Le Havre 0-9 PSG Neymar and Mbappe to the fore as PSG thrash Le Havre 9-0
- England vs West Indies England lose to West Indies: Stokes has no regrets over batting first
- Coronavirus New Covid-19 rules on masks and bars in Louisiana