Spain beat Turkey to light up Stade de Nice - and Eiffel Tower
The landmark was illuminated with La Roja's national colours after their Euro 2016 Group D win made them the day's social media top dogs.
And La Roja were rewarded for their comprehensive victory over Fatih Terim's men by seeing the Spanish national flag up in lights on the Eiffel Tower.
Eiffel Tower to be lit up every day
Throughout the European Championships, the iconic Paris landmark is to be illuminated with the colours of the side that accrues the highest number of hashtag mentions on social media each day.
With Spain producing a mightily impressive display in Nice, they proved to be the team most talked about by users of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Arsenal give up on move for Ødegaard
- EURO 2020 Brace-assist Bale sees Wales pluck Turkey
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Mbappé has the key to get out the PSG door
- EURO 2020 Eriksen advice for Denmark to counter Belgium's Lukaku
- NBA Chris Paul out for COVID: what are the NBA's health and safety protocols, and when could he play again?
- NBA All-NBA 2021: First, Second and Third Team selections