Modric: Croatia boss says Real Madrid man could face Spain
Ante Cacic also railed at the crowd trouble that caused play to be halted in his team's Group D draw with the Czech Republic on Friday.
With Cacic's men 2-1 up deep into the second half, the Group D clash had to be stopped after Croatian fans threw flares on to the pitch, with fighting also breaking out in the stands.
Once play was restarted, the Czechs equalised with a stoppage-time penalty to prevent their opponents from sealing their place in the last 16.
UEFA has charged Croatia over the incidents, with the country's football federation issuing an apology.
Speaking to the press on Saturday, Cacic declared: "These hooligans aren't going to stop Croatia. On the contrary: this episode has to make us stronger and more together than ever."
On Friday, Cacic had branded those responsible as 'sports terrorists', explaining: "They are not really Croatia supporters. These people are scary and I call them hooligans."
Modric absence would be a 'handicap'
Key midfielder Luka Modric limped off with a muscle problem during the stalemate in Saint-Étienne, but Cacic did not completely rule out his chances of facing Spain in the teams' final group game.
"We'll see how he feels," the 62-year-old commented. "It hasn't been decided yet that he isn't going to play. [But] it's clear that if he doesn't play, it's a handicap for us."
Croatia take on the holders - who are already through after beating Turkey 3-0 - needing a point to ensure they progress to the knockout stages.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby