GIRONA 0-1 OSASUNA (1-3 agg.)
Osasuna promoted back to the top flight after two-year wait
Osasuna gain promotion after beating Girona 0-1 in Saturday's play-off return leg, winning 3-1 on aggregate. They're back in the top flight after a two-year absence.
Pamplona parties as Osasuna promoted
The city of Pamplona will be in full party mode tonight after the main team in the town, Osasuna, gained promotion back to Spain's top division after winning the second match of their play-off against Girona 0-1 (1-3 on aggregate).
Girona miss out on first promotion to top flight
Girona found themselves unable to get back into the tie after losing 2-1 in the first leg at El Sadar; the Catalan side just missed out on what could have been their first promotion to the top tier in 85 years of history.
Kodro the man for Osasuna
Osasuna are back in the top flight after a two-year wait; once again it was Kenan Kodro who was instrumental for the Rojillos, scoring the only goal of the game in this evening's return leg at the Montilivi - it was the San Sebastián-born striker's third goal in four games - including the opening goal in the first leg.
Osasuna join Alavés and Leganés as the three teams to be promoted ahead of the new season.
Te recomendamos en English
- SPAIN Spanish FA offers Luis Enrique chance to return for Euro 2020
- FOOTBALL Photo of Ajax youth player, David Easmon, goes viral
- Premier League Man United: world class players and youth as net debt soars
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: James to miss six weeks with knee injury
- PSG Neymar rejects PSG offer, holding out for Barcelona return
- EURO 2020 Low lists teams ahead of Germany at Euro 2020