GIRONA 0-1 OSASUNA (1-3 AGG.)
Osasuna play-off win sees scare as part of stand gives way
The incident occurred during the Segunda División promotion play-off final second leg at Montilivi, as Los Rojillos claimed a top-flight return.
Osasuna were savouring life back in the Spanish top tier on Saturday after seeing off Girona to clinch Primera División promotion at the Catalans' expense.
Kenan Kodro's 48th-minute goal handed Los Rojillos a 1-0 win in the second leg of the sides' Segunda División play-off final tie, securing a 3-1 aggregate victory.
Protective barrier gives way
But the clash at Girona's Montilivi stadium witnessed a scare when part of the section housing the Osasuna fans gave way as they celebrated Kodro's strike.
The incident saw the protective barrier at the front of the stand buckle under the weight of the away supporters, causing a number of the Navarre club's followers to spill forwards.
Only minor injuries
The emergency services present at the ground were immediately on hand to attend to those hurt.
But due to the low height from which the fans fell, treatment was only required for minor injuries, with the game then resuming as normal.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS UK bars and pubs reopening on Super Saturday July 4th: schedule, opening times, conditions
- CORONAVIRUS July 4th 2020: Why it is called ‘Super Saturday’?
- BUNDESLIGA Rummenigge confirms Thiago Alcántara will leave Bayern Munich
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid troll Barcelona about four-point lead
- CORONAVIRUS | USA How to celebrate July 4th safely during Covid-19
- Coronavirus Ghanaian minister resigns after breaching self-isolation rules