GIRONA 0-1 OSASUNA (1-3 AGG.)
Osasuna play-off win sees scare as part of stand gives way
The incident occurred during the Segunda División promotion play-off final second leg at Montilivi, as Los Rojillos claimed a top-flight return.
Osasuna were savouring life back in the Spanish top tier on Saturday after seeing off Girona to clinch Primera División promotion at the Catalans' expense.
Kenan Kodro's 48th-minute goal handed Los Rojillos a 1-0 win in the second leg of the sides' Segunda División play-off final tie, securing a 3-1 aggregate victory.
Protective barrier gives way
But the clash at Girona's Montilivi stadium witnessed a scare when part of the section housing the Osasuna fans gave way as they celebrated Kodro's strike.
The incident saw the protective barrier at the front of the stand buckle under the weight of the away supporters, causing a number of the Navarre club's followers to spill forwards.
Only minor injuries
The emergency services present at the ground were immediately on hand to attend to those hurt.
But due to the low height from which the fans fell, treatment was only required for minor injuries, with the game then resuming as normal.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?