Jesé to look for exit door if Morata makes Bernabéu return
Alvaro Morata's likely return could see Jesé look for first-team football elsewhere. However Real Madrid will want to renew the player's contact before sending him out on loan.
Real Madrid have changed their plans regarding Álvaro Morata: they want the Spain striker to stay at the Bernabéu if he returns. But such a plan will cause some collateral damage: Jesé.
If Morata does come back, the Canary Islander’s chance of getting more playing time will be severely hampered (this season just gone he played only 1,256 minutes from a possible 4,860, or 27%). For this reason, Jesé will be looking for the exit door if Real’s wish over Morata becomes reality.
Buy-back clause or loan?
The forward, however, is not short of suitors, with Bayer Leverkusen just one the teams hovering with interest along with various La Liga sides. If he was to leave, Los Blancos would prefer he did so with a buy-back clause, as was the case with Dani Carvajal when he left for Leverkusen in 2012. That said, it’s more likely Real would want the player to go out on loan rather than sell. For that to happen, Jesé would need to renew his contract which expires in June 2017, and the club already have already started negotiations.
It’s not the first time Jesé has been close to leaving the Spanish capital. At the end of the 2014-15 season, the 23 year old confessed his intention to look for first team football elsewhere. Carlo Ancelotti’s exit combined with the arrival of Rafa Benitez changed the situation. Benitez assured Jesé of his importance to the team (he started the first game of the season against Sporting) and convinced the player to stay. Now the situation has change once more, and he could well be on his way out of Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Celebrating America inauguration concert & event: schedule, artists, singers & line-up
- FORTNITE Fortnite Pelé Cup: times & how to get his emote and new soccer skins for free
- MLS USMNT Henry Wingo is transferred to Ferencvaros TC
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is an EIP card and how do I get one?
- NFL SUPER BOWL 2021 Have Packers, Bills, Chiefs & Buccaneers ever been in or won a Super Bowl?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?