Jémez named Granada boss
The ex-Rayo Vallecano coach has been announced as the new man in charge at the LaLiga club, and is to be presented on Wednesday.
Paco Jémez is to take over as the new head coach of LaLiga club Granada, it was confirmed on Monday.
In a statement, the Andalusian side revealed that the former Rayo Vallecano boss has been handed a three-year deal and will be officially unveiled on Wednesday at 13:00 CEST.
The 46-year-old had spent the past four seasons at Rayo, but rejected a new contract at the Madrid-based outfit following their relegation from the top flight.
New coach for a new era
Jémez, who won 21 caps for Spain as a player, is Granada's first managerial appointment under new majority shareholder Jian Lizhang, owner of Chinese firm Link International Sports.
He replaces José González, who led Los Rojiblancos to a 16th-placed finish in LaLiga after taking the reins at the Estadio Nuevo Los Cármenes in February.
Te recomendamos en English
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How many people are getting an unemployment tax break refund?
- 2021 TAX REFUND $10,200 unemployment tax break refund: how to know if I will get it
- ENTERTAINMENT Who was Halston and when and how did he die?
- Boxing What weight class did Floyd Mayweather fight in during his professional career?
- US NEWS Who is Elise Stefanik, Liz Cheney's replacement in Republican Party leadership?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: which players and coaches are in favor of the new format?