Shaqiri on ripped shirts: "I hope Puma don't make condoms"
After his team confirmed qualification out of the group phase, the Swiss player had a laugh about his national side's shirt manufacturer after five of them ripped.
Xherdan Shaqiri joked after the 0-0 draw with France which saw five of his team's shirts being ripped during the game. "I hope that Puma don't make condoms", quipped the Stoke City winger according to Blick.
What happened last night at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy in Lille was very unusual and for this reason stood out to the viewing masses almost as a side-show to the main event. Puma, the company that manufactured the Swiss tops, may have not been enjoying it quite as much. Maybe this is a case when the old adage, 'there's no such thing as bad publicity,' does not hold true.
On the back of the attention raised by the various incidents, the German sports brand issued a statment:
"Seeing our shirts being ripped in a match last night was the first time we have experienced such an issue. Five Puma teams have played 10 games in this tournament without such problems. Our product people are currently investigating the shirt material. We will provide a further update when we have one."
Puma weren't the only sports brand with faulty equipment last night. In the same game, bitter rival brand, Adidas saw their match ball burst after a challenge between players.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win