EURO 2016

Pedro: I don't regret comments

The Spain international talked to the media on Monday following his outspoken remarks over his lack of playing time at Euro 2016.

Pedro: I don't regret comments
JUAN FLOR DIARIO AS

Spain's Pedro Rodríguez faced the media on Monday evening after causing controversy with outspoken comments over his limited game time with La Roja.

The Chelsea man has played just nine minutes of the holders' Euro 2016 campaign in France, and earlier in the day told Movistar+ channel #0: "I had other expectations when I got here."

The 28-year-old added: "If you can't see any prospect of a regular game it isn't worth carrying on coming."

Speaking to Radio Marca in the wake of the remarks, Spain boss Vicente del Bosque revealed that he had talked to the ex-Barcelona player about his words, and that he had received an apology.

Pedro (right) in training with Spain coach Vicente del Bosque.

And at Spain's pre-match press conference ahead of Tuesday's final Group D clash with Croatia, Pedro said that he did not regret his comments.

He explained: "I've been an international for six years and this isn't an attack on the coach. I've spoken to my team-mates and they understand.

"The most important thing is the team. I'm thankful to Vicente, because without him I wouldn't have won a World Cup and a European Championships.

"If I've offended anyone I apologise, but I think this has been overblown."