CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2016/17
Celtic to face Flora Tallinn or Gibraltar's Red Imps in UCL
Some three week's after Sergio Ramos lifted the trophy in Milan, the 2016/17 qualifying rounds were drawn today in Nyon.
The Champions League is back ! The draw for the first and second preliminary rounds took place in Uefa headquarters in Nyon today and included previous holders such as Red Star Belgrade and Glasgow Celtic. Other big European names such as Ferencvaros, Dinamo Zagreb and Rosenberg also featured in the draw.
Brendan Rodgers will begin his Champions League campaign with Celtic with an away trip to either Estonian side Flora Tallinn or Lincoln from Gibraltar in the second qualifying round.
Celtic, who won the Scottish League for the fifth successive season, have failed to qualify for the group stages of Europe's elite competition for the last two seasons.They will only discover their opponents on 5-6 July, once the winners of the first qualifying round tie are known.
First qualifying round draw (28/29 June & 5/6 July)
Flora Tallinn (EST) v Lincoln (GIB)
The New Saints (WAL) v Tre Penne (SMR)
Valletta (MLT) v B36 Tórshavn (FRO)
Santa Coloma (AND) v Alashkert (ARM)
The second qualifying round for the Champions League will take place on July 12-13, while the return legs will take place a week later.
Second qualifying round draw (12/13 & 19/20 July)
Qarabağ (AZE) v F91 Dudelange (LUX)
Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR) v Sheriff (MDA)
Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN) v Trenčín (SVK)
Salzburg (AUT) v Liepāja (LVA)
Vardar (MKD) v GNK Dinamo (CRO)
The New Saints (WAL)/Tre Penne (SMR) v APOEL (CYP)
Zrinjski (BIH) v Legia Warszawa (POL)
Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL) v Mladost Podgorica (MNE)
Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO) v Santa Coloma (AND)/Alashkert (ARM)
Žalgiris Vilnius (LTU) v Astana (KAZ)
Skënderbeu* (ALB) v Ferencváros (HUN)
BATE Borisov (BLR) v SJK Seinäjoki (FIN)
Valletta (MLT)/B36 Tórshavn (FRO) v Crvena zvezda (SRB)
Rosenborg (NOR) v IFK Norrköping (SWE)
Dundalk (IRL) v FH Hafnarfjördur (ISL)
Flora Tallinn (EST)/Lincoln (GIB) v Celtic (SCO)
Crusaders (NIR) v FC København (DEN)
* Skenderbeu are admitted on provisional measures pending a CAS decision. The hearing is scheduled for July 5-6.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA 99% certain that Koeman will leave Barça claim RAC 1
- NBA 2021 NBA Play-In Tournament matchups
- NBA LeBron James set for Lakers-Warriors and tips Curry for MVP award
- TAX DAY 2021 Tax filing 2021: Which states have extended their deadline?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is a new payment coming? IRS tax filing deadline, Child Tax Credit
- US NEWS Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: CDC says fully vaccinated no mask, guidelines, Ohio lottery...